Sunday, November 7, 2010

a dilemma?

I wanted to blog two different things today -I already blogged about the dress that I made for Taylor (which I love and couldn't have done without my sister in law).I wanted to blog about the birth, I am having a home birth. I find it abnormal when people tell me that I am brave-in reality i am not-this baby is coming out one way or another and homebirth is so normal to me that unless I was dying I would not go to the hospital. My mom had her first home birth when I was 12.

My only dilemma was the fact that a few people have asked that I call them when I am in labor.Now I really want to relax when I am in labor and I know most of the people won't be offended by not knowing...I am sure they'll appreciate the fact that I don't wake them up in the middle of the night.There is only one person that might be offended-but, they get offended at everything but, honestly for my own sake I don't want them called because I really don't want them calling me 12 hours later and either discouraging my labor by asking if she is here yet or,disturbing my rest because I have already had her. I am sure that they will be offended and won't understand but, I think that I am ok with that-I think this is one case where I have to be a little selfish and not think about them.

The important people that are going to be there are Amanda, Betty the main midwife, Stephen, Crissy and me.

1 comment:

  1. When my water broke, Silas sent out a text to all of our friends and called our parents. They, however, were not allowed to contact us after that until we contacted them. That was our rule and it worked for us.

    But I know not all people are as respectful as they should be of the privacy of birth :/

    ReplyDelete